Your Resource For Covering The NY Liberty
Welcome to the Media Center, a resource for accredited members of the press covering the New York Liberty, a charter member of the Women’s National Basketball Association. In an effort to assist in your coverage, we have compiled the following resources.
For the 2021 WNBA Season, there is limited in-person access to players, coaches and essential staff. Most media access and interviews will take place virtually (e.g., virtual press conferences) via Zoom Conferencing.
Media Credentialing/In-Arena Health and Safety Protocols
In order to provide a safe environment and to socially distance media covering games, the New York Liberty will issue a limited number of single game credentials for in-person coverage of the 2021 season.
- As there will be limited media access on the Event Level of the arena, many interviews will continue to be conducted virtually via Zoom.
- Beginning September 13, proof of vaccination will be required to attend Liberty games. Before this date, media may show proof of vaccination or provide a negative test. For more information, please contact Liberty PR.
- Please only submit requests for games in which you plan on attending.
- Please submit requests at least 72 hours prior to each game. If submitted after, you will not be guaranteed a credential.
- Once you submit using the credential application, there is no need to follow up on email. We will contact you regarding access to the game.
- We will not accept requests from photographers who are not associated with an accredited publication or blog.
- A separate application must be filled out for each media member attending. For example, if your outlet is requesting credentials for both a reporter and a photographer, two applications must be completed.
Official Liberty game notes, which include probable starters, game day injury reports, previous game recaps, all-time series versus opponent, team trends, statistics, etc., are available here in-season on the day before game day
WNBA Media Central
Additional resources, including league press releases, team media guides, logos, etc. are available for members of the press at WNBA Media Central.
Any media requests pertaining to the Women’s National Basketball Association and its teams, should be directed to WNBA Communications at (212) 688-9622. NBA Entertainment has the world’s most complete archive of footage from WNBA games and will license video to media outlets for their journalistic uses; please fax a request for video information to (201) 865-5518. Newspapers, magazines, on-line services and any other media may choose photographs for their needs from WNBA Photos’ vast library; please contact NBA Entertainment at (201) 865-1000.