–-Liberty Second in Team Merchandise Sales–
–WNBA Merchandise sales on WNBAStore.com Up 50% Over Last Season–
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2021 – The New York Liberty’s Sabrina Ionescu and the Seattle Storm captured the top spots on the WNBA’s Most Popular Jerseys and Team Merchandise lists, respectively, based on WNBAStore.com sales since the start of the 2021 regular season.
Ahead of the league’s 25th Anniversary season, the WNBA and Nike unveiled a new uniform system that features three game uniform editions for each of the 12 teams in the league, bringing stories from their cities and communities to life: the WNBA Nike Heroine Edition, the WNBA Nike Explorer Edition and the WNBA Nike Rebel Edition. Spurred by sales of the new Nike HER Edition Uniforms, WNBA merchandise on WNBAStore.com saw record growth this season with a 50% increase over last year.
Rounding out the top five among most popular jerseys are the Storm’s Sue Bird (No. 2), the Phoenix Mercury’s Diana Taurasi (No. 3), the Las Vegas Aces’ A’ja Wilson (No. 4) and the Storm’s Breanna Stewart (No. 5).
The Storm landed atop the team merchandise list for the second consecutive season, followed by the Liberty at No. 2, the Aces at No. 3, the Mercury at No. 4 and the Chicago Sky at No. 5.
- Ionescu tops the league’s most popular jerseys list for the first time in only the second year of her career.
- The Sky return to the team merchandise rankings for first time since 2016.
- The Orange WNBA Logo Hoodie is the best-selling item on WNBAStore.com for the second consecutive season.
WNBA merchandise is available online at WNBAstore.com, at DicksSportingGoods.com, Nike.com, and retail stores across the country including select Nike and Dick’s Sporting Goods locations.
The 2021 WNBA Playoffs presented by Google begin on Thursday, September 23 and will feature a single-game elimination doubleheader on ESPN2. Arike Ogunbowale and the Dallas Wings will visit Candace Parker and the Chicago Sky (8:00 p.m. ET), while Sabrina Ionescu and the New York Liberty will take on the Brittney Griner and the Phoenix Mercury (10:00 p.m. ET).
Top 10 Most Popular WNBA Jerseys: Top 5 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Sabrina Ionescu, New York Liberty 1. Seattle Storm
2. Sue Bird, Seattle Storm 2. New York Liberty
3. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury 3. Las Vegas Aces
4. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces 4. Phoenix Mercury
5. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm 5. Chicago Sky
6. Candace Parker, Chicago Sky
7. Skylar Diggins-Smith, Phoenix Mercury
8. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
9. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
10. Liz Cambage, Las Vegas Aces