UNCASVILLE, CT– The New York Liberty traveled to Connecticut for its second preseason game of the year. Despite shooting nearly 48% from the three, the team ultimately lost to the Connecticut Sun 100-66. Rebecca Allen led the Liberty in scoring with 18 points off the bench in nearly 24 minutes. Tina Charles and Brittany Boyd led the team’s rebounding with 5 and 4, respectively.
Connecticut won the tip, giving them the first possession of the contest. Although New York got off to a slow start scoring its first basket more than two minutes into the first quarter, the Liberty sparked an 11 to 1 run to open the second quarter and tie the game. The Sun quickly regained the lead and never looked back, ending the half up by 14.
The Liberty will take the floor again at the Mohegan Sun Arena tomorrow, May 14, against the Atlanta Dream. The game will tip off at 5 p.m. ET.
- The Liberty shot 36.8% from the field and 47.8% on 3-pointers (11-23).
- Rebecca Allen led all Liberty scoring with 18 points on 50% shooting from the field and the 3-point line.
- Tina Charles reached double figures with 11 points and grabbed 5 rebounds.
- Kia Nurse scored 10 points on 50% shooting from the 3-point line.
- Tiffany Bias shot 75% (3-4) from the 3-point line to end the game with 9 points.