Entering her fourth season with the New York Liberty, sharpshooter Leilani Mitchell will look to build on her 2010 campaign that saw her average a career high in points (9.3) and become the WNBA leader in three-point field goal percentage (0.486). Learn more about her in 21 Questions with Leilani Mitchell.
1. What can you tell us about your background?
My father is American and mother is an Australian Aborigine. She moved to America when she married my dad.
2. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love swimming, boating going to the movies, anything active really (mounting biking, etc) and of course playing cribbage with Sidney and Janel.
3. What is your favorite pregame meal?
I always have to have chicken and pasta.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Remember the Titans
5. What is your favorite cereal?
Definitely Peanut Butter Capn Crunch and OHs!!! Sooo delicious!
6. What is your favorite show/channel?
Glee, American Idol (love Steven Tyler!)and my all time favorite has got to be BIGGEST LOSER!!! Love that people are changing their lives for the better and getting healthy. J Oh and dont forget ESPN as my favorite channel!
7. What is your favorite sneaker brand?
Nothing better than Nike
8. What is your shoe sizel?
Size 8 in womens
9. What is something you dream of doing but no one knows?
Going on an African safari.
10. What item do your always leave your house with?
11. What is your favorite chewing gum?
12. What is your favorite color?
13. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas by far, love the Christmas spiritif only we could always be that nice to one another.
14. What is your favorite childhood story?
We duct taped my brother to the basketball pole! Hahaha. I wouldnt recommend that the kids out there do the same, however!
15. What is your favorite city/state?
16. What other sports did you play when you were younger?
Softball and volleyball
17. What age did you start playing basketball?
Since I have 4 older brothers, Ive been playing ever since I can remember.
18. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people dont use their blinkersugh!! And Smackers!
19. Is there anything embarrassing you want to admit?