NEW YORK – The Liberty bounced back from a two-game losing streak tonight defeating the Dallas Wings, 69-68 at Westchester County Center during the team’s annual Pride Night.
New York had balanced scoring in tonight’s game with four players scoring double figures. Kia Nurse led all Liberty scorers with 17 points on 42.8% (6-14) shooting from the field, 4 assists and 6 rebounds on the night. Tina Charles, the league’s third leading scorer, added 15 points and 9 rebounds and Asia Durr added 14 points on 50% (2-4) shooting from three and 60% (6-10) shooting from the field.
In her second start of the season, Reshanda Gray had her first double-double of the season, scoring 13 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
Reshanda Gray hit one of two free throws with seconds left in the game to boost New York over Dallas to a victory.
The game saw seven lead changes and eight ties.
UP NEXT: The Liberty head out tomorrow for a six-day road trip which begins with a match up against the Atlanta Dream on Sunday, June 30 at 3 p.m. The Liberty will then head to Seattle to play the Storm for the first time this season on Wednesday, July 3 at 3 p.m. The Liberty end their trip at Phoenix on Friday, July 5 against the Mercury at 10 p.m. ET.
- In assistant coach Charmin Smith’s last game with the team before reporting to the University of California, Berkeley to take on the head coaching position, the Liberty had a season-low 8 turnovers on the night. New York beat Dallas for the first time since May 29, 2018, when the team won at home 94-89.
- New York doubled Dallas’ points in the paint scoring 44 compared to their 22.
- The team shot 38.6% from the field on the night and 26.7% from three.
- Seven of eight Liberty players who hit the floor, scored at least one point in the game.
- Kia Nurse was the leading scorer with 17 points, shooting 25% from the three-point line and 42.9% from the field.
- Brittany Boyd led New York in assists with 7 on the night and added 7 points.