WHITE PLAINS, NY —The Liberty got off to a quick start against the Mystics outscoring the team 26-20 in the first quarter, shooting 50% from the three-point line. Despite entering the locker room at the half down one point, New York dropped an 94-82 decision to Washington at home.
- For the third consecutive home game, Tina Charles scored more than 20 points, finishing with a game-high 27 and 6 rebounds.
- Of Charles’ 27 points, 17 came in the first half, 11 of which were scored in the first quarter alone.
- At the end of the first quarter, New York led Washington 26-20. The Liberty shot 50% from 3 in the first quarter. New York shot 45.8% from the field and only 33.3% from three on the game.
- Rebecca Allen scored 13 of the Liberty’s points in the second quarter off the bench. She shot 75% (3-4) from three. She went on a streak of her own scoring 10 straight New York points.
- Allen and Charles both scored double figures in the second half, combining for 30 points. Tina scored 17 points in the first half.
- Defensively, New York held Delle Donne to 13 points for the night.
- Bria Hartley also scored 14 points off the bench, in just 19 minutes on the floor. She also contributed 6 rebounds and 5 assists, tying for a team-high tonight.
- Asia Durr and Kia Nurse also scored in double figures with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Both teams were perfect from the free throw line in the first half of the game. New York ended with 90.0% from the line and Washington finished with 96.4%.