ARLINGTON, TX (August 1, 2019) – The New York Liberty played their first game post All-Star break against the Dallas Wings in Arlington tonight. New York fell short, 87-64
Kia Nurse led New York with 13 points on 30% shooting from the field. She shot 50% (2-4) from the three-point line.
The first quarter began with the teams going back and forth, with most of the quarter being a tied game. Both teams shot over 50% from the field in the first quarter.
Down one, the Liberty opened the second quarter with a three-pointer by Rebecca Allen which led to a 6-2 run. The New York run was soon cut short when Dallas went on a run of their own, scoring seven points in less than two minutes midway through the second quarter. The Wings went on to outscore the Liberty 30-13 in the second quarter.
There were six lead changes in the first half. Both rookies, Asia Durr and Arike Ogunbowale scored double figures in the first half with 10 and 12, respectively.
Arike hit a three to open the second half for Dallas and extend their lead to 21. New York went down as many as 30 points and ultimately lost in Dallas.
UP NEXT: The New York Liberty return to action at home on Sunday, August 4 against the Connecticut Sun. Tip-off is at 3 p.m. ET.
- New York shot 35.1% from the field and 30.8% from beyond the arc.
- The Liberty led by as many as four in the second half and went down by as many as 30 in the second half.
- Kia Nurse scored 13 points and three assists.
- Rebecca Allen added 11 points and five rebounds for New York.
- Asia Durr scored ten first half points.
- Tina Charles added eight points, five rebounds and two assists.