HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST
Throughout the year, the New York Liberty Community Relations Department receive thousands of requests from schools, not for profit organizations, foundations, faith based organizations, community groups and charity events. We are committed to being involved in the community throughout the New York tri-state area, and make every effort possible to support the thousands of requests received year-round.
Please note the following: DO NOT SEND any basketball memorabilia through the mail. The Liberty will not be able to sign these items, nor can it be guaranteed that any items will be returned. Also, donation requests that are mailed WILL NOT be accepted.
Please enter contact information here to learn more about the upcoming Liberty Academy Youth Virtual Clinic on Sept. 27, 2020 as part of the Liberty’s Hispanic Heritage Month celebration presented by HSS.
Requests (from organizations only) can be made for the following:
During the course of the summer, our Community Ticket Program donates tickets to non-profit organizations in the tri-state area that cater to the underprivileged who would not normally be able to come to a Liberty game. Heading into our 23rd WNBA season, we once again look forward to bringing the fun and excitement of the Liberty experience to families and individuals that are served by our local community partners. To get more information or to submit a request to have your organization considered, please email us at Liberty Community Relations Subject Line: COMMUNITY TICKETS REQUEST
As schedules permit, players, Liberty Legends, coaches and Maddie, the mascot are available for appearances.
To submit a request, please email Liberty Community Relations [Subject Line: APPEARANCE REQUEST] with the following information:
- Type of Appearance Request (i.e. Legends, Coaches, etc.)
- Organization Name
- Contact Name, Phone Number and Email Address
- Name, Date, Time and Location of Event
- Event Description
- Any additional information on event/organization that you feel is necessary
The New York Liberty community outreach programs focus on assisting organizations in the tri-state area. The Liberty players, staff, and volunteers help to make dreams come true for children facing obstacles. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and be environmentally friendly, we have adopted a more time efficient online donation request system. The Liberty will review and consider requests from organizations with similar goals to be used to support fund-raising initiatives (raffles or auctions). After you submit the request form online, you will receive a return e-mail with a username and password so that you may check the status of your request.To be considered for a donation request, please adhere to the following submission criteria:
- Requestors must be charitable organizations (501 C3 organizations)
- Within a 75-mile radius of Westchester County Center. Any request from groups outside this area WILL NOT be considered.
- Requestors can only submit one request per calendar year
- All donation requests must be submitted electronically at least six (6) weeks prior to the fundraising event. No telephone, fax, mail, or email requests will be accepted.
Electronic request forms must include an attached letter on official letterhead with the following information included.
- Organization Name and full address (no P.O. Boxes)
- Event date, time, and location
- Event description including organization who benefits
- Contact name, phone number, and email
- Item Requested (Photo, Ball, Jersey, Tickets)/How the item will be used (raffle or auction)
- Publication deadline/item needed by date
- Any additional information on event/organization that you feel necessary (Event Audience Size)
All requests will be considered on case-by-case basis and every request will be responded to at least (2) two weeks prior to the event, whether approved or declined. The inability to fulfill a request is based on the above criteria, the number of requests received, and our inventory of items.
Unfortunately, due to the number of requests received annually, the New York Liberty are unable to fulfill requests described below:
- Items requested for personal use
- Requests requiring the contribution to any business or organizational rewards programs
- Requests to donate to individuals, groups or organizations soliciting donations on behalf of a third party (e.g. Non-profit walks or runs)
- Multiple donations to the same organization within a given year
- Requests to contribute monetarily, purchase event sponsorship signage, or donate bulk amounts of promotional items
NOTE: Donated items CANNOT be repurposed for any use other than the one explicitly stated in your request. This includes services such as CharityBuzz.com.
New York Liberty Community Relations
168 39th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11232