NY LIBERTY “PRIDE MONTH VACATION” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID OUTSIDE OF NY, NJ, CT AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 19, 2015 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2015 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least twenty-one (21) years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Contest is void outside of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and where prohibited by law. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or household members, whether or not related, of individuals employed by Resorts World Casino New York City (“RWC”), MSG Holdings, L.P. (“RWC” and “MSG” are collectively, “Sponsors”), the New York Liberty Basketball Club (the “Liberty”), the Women’s National Basketball Association and its member teams, WNBA Enterprises, LLC, (collectively, “WNBA Entities”), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, are ineligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter: (1) Twitter: If you don’t already follow the Liberty on Twitter, visit twitter.com/nyliberty and click on the icon to follow @nyliberty (the “Entry Twitter Page”). Then follow the Submission Instructions below; or, (2) Instagram: If you don’t already follow the Liberty on Instagram, visit instagram.com/nyliberty and click on the icon to follow @nyliberty (the “Entry Instagram Page”). Then follow the Submission Instructions below. Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account/Instagram account/household during the Contest Period. Entrants must have a Twitter or Instagram account to enter.
Submission Instructions: Once you follow the Liberty on Twitter or Instagram, in order to be entered into the Contest, entrants must tweet or post (i) a photo and a brief description depicting what Pride and the Liberty means to them; and (ii) the hashtag #RWCNYLPrideContest (each, a “Submission”).
If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account, establishing an account is free. All Twitter and Instagram (as applicable) terms and conditions apply. You can unfollow @nyliberty any time after the winners have been announced.
Sponsors reserve the right to allow for minor deviations from the guidelines and restrictions set forth herein, based on clear intent to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Limit one (1) submission per person/Twitter account/Instagram account/household. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of this limitation will be void. All submissions become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted submission;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsors, their products or services, other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person (living or dead), such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsors wish to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
Submission must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If a submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the submission, any and all releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the submission by Sponsors in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permissions from any person who is mentioned in, appears in or is identifiable in the submission and permissions from any person who took the photograph or filmed the video of the entrant. Sponsors reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsors from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render submission null and void. By submitting a submission, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons who are mentioned in, appearing or identifiable in the submission consent to the submission and use of the submission in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting a submission, entrant represents and warrants that the submission conforms to these Official Rules and understands that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify the submission for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion.
USE OF SUBMISSIONS: By submitting a submission, entrant hereby grants to Sponsors a nonexclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit the submission in any manner or media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, promotional and other purposes, without further compensation, notification or permission. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of submissions by third parties. Sponsors have no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
- WINNER DETERMINATION: Each eligible Contest Submission will be judged by a panel of qualified judges consisting of MSG professionals in accordance with the following criteria: (i) Relevance to Pride (25%), (ii) Relevance to Liberty (25%), (iii) Creativity (25%) and (iv) Originality (25%). The Contest Submission that receives the highest score, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, will be deemed the winner of the Grand Prize (as described below). The two (2) Contest Submissions that receive the second and third highest scores, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, will be deemed the winners of the Runner-Up Prize (as described below). In the event of a tie, the applicable judges will re-judge the tied Contest Submissions and re-rank the Contest Submissions based on the foregoing criteria until a winner is determined. Decisions of Sponsors and judges are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right to not award all prizes if, in their sole discretion, they do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Contest Submissions. Judging scores will not be revealed.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified via Twitter or Instagram. Sponsors will send the potential winner a message from the applicable Entry Twitter Page or Entry Instagram Page to winner’s Twitter account or Instagram account used to enter the Contest with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsors, entrant must (a) be following the Entry Twitter Page or Entry Instagram Page; (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public”; and (c) list his/her current location as somewhere in the New York, New Jersey or Connecticut area on Twitter or Instagram. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner. If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a potential winner cannot be contacted, is not in compliance with these Official Rules or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may award the prize to a runner-up, time permitting.
- PRIZES: The Contest Prizes are as follows
Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: (i) a 14-day cruise for two (2) to the Caribbean on Crystal Cruises (The Crystal Symphony), stateroom category to be advised by Crystal Cruises at time of booking, departs from New York City, NY on October 31, 2015 and disembarks in Miami, Florida on November 14, 2015, and (ii) a one-way, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from Miami, Florida to a New York City airport. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $8,710. Exact transportation travel dates and times as solely designated by Sponsors. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ agents. Winner must travel on dates set forth by Sponsors or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including, but not limited to passports and visas. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of prize documents. Prize excludes government taxes, port and handling fees, service charges, shore excursions and other personal expenditures. Booking shall be subject to Crystal Cruises General Ticket Terms and Conditions. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting Grand Prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the Grand Prize. Sponsors are not responsible if winner does not use cruise ticket on day of event. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV.
Runner-Up Prize (2): Each Runner-Up will receive a 7-day cruise for two (2) to New England on Crystal Cruises (The Crystal Symphony), stateroom category to be advised by Crystal Cruises at time of booking, departs from New York City, NY on October 24, 2015 and disembarks in New York City, NY on October 31, 2015. ARV of each prize: $5,740. Winner must travel on dates set forth by Sponsors or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including, but not limited to passports and visas. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of prize documents. Prize excludes government taxes, port and handling fees, service charges, shore excursions and other personal expenditures. Booking shall be subject to Crystal Cruises General Ticket Terms and Conditions. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting Runner-Up Prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the Runner-Up Prize. Sponsors are not responsible if winner does not use cruise ticket on day of event.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the prize description. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s and each winner’s consent to Sponsors and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, Contest Submission, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised (including on Sponsors’ websites and social media pages), worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or emails or postage-due, damaged or illegible mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitations, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each entrant and Official Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Resorts World Casino New York City, MSG Holdings, L.P., the Liberty, the WNBA Entities, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
- DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- CONTEST SPONSORS: MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121. Resorts World Casino New York City, 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11420.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NY Liberty “Pride Month Vacation” Contest, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by July 31, 2015. Please specify Winner’s List or Rules Request.
This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter or Instagram.