Rebecca Lobo has just been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2017. Lobo, one of the Original Three members of the WNBA becomes 5th WNBA player enshrined.
She was a centerpiece of the original New York Liberty squad that played in the 1st ever WNBA game against the Los Angeles Sparks and competed for the 1st-ever WNBA Championship. After starring at the University of Connecticut she went on to be one of the original faces of the WNBA and a super star in the Big Apple at Madison Square Garden.
REBECCA LOBO CAREER SNAPSHOT
- Rebecca Lobo was a part of the inaugural season of the WNBA and joined the New York Liberty during the player allocations on January 22, 1997.
- Played for the Liberty from 1997-01.
- Finished her Liberty career with 715 points and 425 rebounds.
- All-WNBA Second team in 1997.
- WNBA Eastern All-Star selection in 1997.
- In 1999, she was selected to the inaugural WNBA All Star team, although she was unable to play due to injury.
- Inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame as part of the class of 2010.
— Basketball HOF (@Hoophall) April 1, 2017
Fifteen miles away, but it took a lifetime to get there. #SouthwickToSpringfield #413
— Rebecca Lobo (@RebeccaLobo) April 1, 2017
— WNBA (@WNBA) April 1, 2017
— Tina Charles (@tinacharles31) April 1, 2017
— Swin Cash (@SwinCash) April 1, 2017